Checked Baggage Allowance for Domestic travel on Air India :
|Cabin class / Flight||Baggage allowance|
|Infants in all classes||10Kgs.|
|Alliance Air flights (except Shimla) (Aircraft types - ATR 42)*||15Kgs.|
|Alliance Air flights to/from Shimla*||10Kgs.|
* Passengers travelling on Alliance Air flights and connecting to Air India domestic flights and vice versa, holding a single ticket, will also be eligible for 25 kgs. This offer is however not available for passengers travelling on a ticket exclusively on Alliance Air flights.Note:
- Passenger travelling on Air India domestic sector and connecting to Air India International sector or vice versa on the same ticket, the Free Baggage Allowance of International sector will be applicable.
- Gold Member of Star Alliance would continue to be permitted an additional 20Kgs of baggage allowance in Economy Class
- 3. Members of Premium Club and Flying Returns members would continue to be permitted additional baggage, as notified from time to time, over the same.
- 4. Infants will be entitled to 1 collapsible stroller/carrycot/infant car seat.
- The maximum weight permissible for a single piece of baggage is 32 kgs. This rule is applicable on the entire Air India network.
- 6. Passengers dependent on a wheelchair travelling with a fully collapsible wheelchair stored in the aircraft hold or dependent on braces or crutches would be entitled to additional baggage allowances, free of charge.